MiA – Process Control Simulator
Werner Electric Supply recently unveiled MiA (Mee-ah), which stands for Multifunction Instrument Asset. This innovative, contemporary process control trainer is designed to simulate the many processes found in manufacturing plants. A large portion of the instrumentation contained within MiA was donated by Werner Electric Supply vendor partners. A huge thank you to:
- Rockwell Automation – PlantPAx Distributed Control System, industrial components, motor control and networking
- Arjay Automation – Yokogawa Coriolis, mag flow meters, pressure, data and analytical instrumentation
- Badger Meter – Blancett turbine flow meter, RCV valve
- Durable Controls – Klay pressure instrumentation, Bray valves
- Hoffman – enclosures, cutouts, SYSPEND 281-MAX system
- Rosemount – guided wave level, mag flow meter
- Micro Motion – Coriolis flow meter
- SMC – EX260-SEN1 valve manifold system and components
- HMS – eWon Flexy 205, Anybus wireless Bolt
- Aparian – point protocol converter
- Endress Hauser – RTD temperature element
- Grace Engineering – GracePort
How Will MIA Be Used?
MiA is mobile and can be transported to customer locations and educational facilities for on-site process training. The new trainer will allow Werner Electric Supply to train customers, students, and others, about process control. Werner Electric Supply is pleased to innovate new cutting edge product solutions, services, and training for the electrical distribution industry.