Celebrate National Fire Prevention Week
National Fire Prevention Week is October 7 – 13, 2018. That makes it a great time to brush up on fire safety tips and be certain your current fire safety products are working well. The following facts highlight the importance of working smoke alarms.
- Smoke alarms provide an early warning of a fire, giving people additional time to escape.
- Working smoke alarms cut the risk of dying in a reported home fire in half.
- Three in every five home fire deaths result from fires in homes with no smoke alarms (38%) or no working smoke alarms (21%).
- When smoke alarms fail to operate, it is usually because batteries are missing, disconnected, or dead. Dead batteries caused one-quarter (24%) of smoke alarm failures.
- Interconnected smoke alarms throughout the home increase safety. When one sounds, they all sound. It is especially important to have interconnected alarms if you sleep with the door closed.
Werner Electric Supply is a proud vendor partner of Kidde and their premier fire safety products. For more fire safety tips, visit the National Fire Protection Association website, or contact Ben LeRoy, Werner Electric Supply Safety Product Manager to learn about the best Kidde products for your security.